Sean Williams Research Blog

The sbkw.net site is being redesigned so the recording and mastering pages are temporarily unavailable.

See below for all the research and performance activity.

Saturday, October 1, 2011

Spiral Performance

Grind Sight Open Eye booked me to perform Stockhausen's Spiral in the Labyrinth in Edinburgh on the 1st of October 2011, sharing a bill with Lambs Gamble/Usurper/Grant Smith + Graham Stewart/Sean Williams.

This is the section of the score which I played. (Image courtesy of Stockhausen Verlag, Kürten, Germany).

I changed my setup for this performance and have incorporated a vocoder as well as a new portable Roberts R871 world-band radio which has much better reception over 12 different shortwave bands than the old Telefunken Bajazzo TS-201 that I was using before, and is much easier to tune than the Realistic DX-300 that used for the Soundings festival performance.

No comments:

Post a Comment