Sean Williams Research Blog

The sbkw.net site is being redesigned so the recording and mastering pages are temporarily unavailable.

See below for all the research and performance activity.

Friday, June 17, 2011

Interview with Rolf Gehlhaar

On the 15th of June 2011 I had the great privilege of interviewing Rolf Gehlhaar - composer (and Stockhausen's assistant from 1967-1970). Rolf gave me so much information and made such a great contribution to my research on the performance practices surrounding electronic instruments in Stockhausen's Mikrophonie I that I will be processing it for months!

Here's a screenshot from a short video I took in which Rolf demonstrates some of the filter and fader techniques used in Mikrophonie I on a mock-up of the original machines that I built as part of my PhD research.

Thanks Rolf!

http://gehlhaar.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment